It is often painful to keep your precious car outside in the hot sun during the summer. On prolonged exposure, the surface pain on your car would get colour-faded, leading to the onset of premature rusting. When you park your vehicle outside the house, its exposed part would get tainted with bird waste, bugs, scratches the children make, bugs and other debris that you can think of. These sources of irritants are capable of causing damage to the surface of the car’s paint. When the debris falls on the surface that is already hot due to the exposure to sun rays, they get baked and embedded inside the paint surface. Hence, this debris becomes stubbornly attached to the paint. The debris becomes progressively harder to get removed. So, you need to take some precautions to protect your car’s paint from fading or getting ruined from the summer sun’s hot rays. In this article, we would be looking at the 5 steps that you need to take to protect your cars.
1. Frequent Car Washing: You have to frequently wash the car to stop the dust and other debris from accumulating on the car surface. The longer dirt or the debris bakes on your car, the more likely it is going to penetrate the paint. This makes it difficult for you to remove the dirt or debris from the car surface by car washing.
2. Keep Dry Your Car After Washing: After properly rinsing the car with sufficient quantity of water and soap, you need to quickly hand dry the surface to stop the dirt from coming back on the car surface. Quick drying also helps to stop the salt deposits from forming on the surface of the car if your area has hard water.
3. Wax your Car: If you wax your car, it creates an extra level of protection from dirt, and debris. The wax also protects your car from the summer sun’s rays.
4. Keep your car by Tree or Building Shade: You can park your car under trees or somewhere where you can shield it from the summer sun. This will not only prevent your car’s paint coating from fading but also helps keep your interior, headlights and tires in better shape.
5. Keep in Garage: It is always better to keep the car in a garage so that unnecessary debris will not fall on it. Moreover, the extent of exposure to sun rays can also be reduced by keeping the vehicle inside the garage.