Back in the day, there was no such thing as an all-in-one car wash and wax product. If you wanted to wash and wax your car, you had to have a bucketful of products and special cloths handy to do so. Fortunately, washing and waxing a vehicle is no longer the time-consuming endeavor it used to be. Nowadays, you can clean and polish your car in one fell swoop, thanks to waterless car cleaning products that also contain wax.
Waterless car wash products both wash and wax your vehicle and do not require the use of water. These products dissolve and lift dirt from the surface of your car. All you have to do is spray the formula on your car, rub it in a circular motion with a terry cloth to remove dirt, and then buff the haze that’s left with a microfiber cloth. Not only will this type of car wash/wax save you 20 to 50 gallons of water per vehicle, it will also save you time and money.
Tips for Choosing a Waterless Car Wash Product
There are several brands of waterless auto detailing products on the market, but not all of them are created equal. Here are some factors to consider when you are looking for a car cleaning product to purchase:
- Active Ingredients. What ingredients does the product contain? Some waterless washes contain carnauba wax, others contain clay, and others are polish-based. Top quality car wash/wax products generally contain carnauba wax as an active ingredient. Carnauba wax is a vegetable fat obtained from a Brazilian palm tree. It is the wax of choice among many auto enthusiasts because it beads water and creates a deep, rich shine.
- Price and Value. Typically, a can of waterless wash and wax costs $19.99 and contains 17.50 oz, but quantities vary depending on what brand you buy. In addition, check to see if the car wash comes in a value pack that includes freebies and whether discounts are offered when you order in bulk.
- Ease of Use. Is the auto detailing product easy to apply and rub off? Make sure that the spray tip of the waterless wash stays put when you use it. Furthermore, the formula should also be easy to wipe off the surface of your car, so you don’t end up scratching your vehicle.
- Performance. Does the formula provide a streak-free finish? Does it bead water for weeks following its application? Does it remove dirt with minimal effort? How long does the protective finish last? These are questions you should keep in mind when evaluating the performance of a product.
- Eco-friendliness. Check to be sure that the car wash and wax product you purchase is VOC compliant.
All-in-one wash and wax products are a great choice because they eliminate the need to use several different types of car care products and they don’t require as much work on your part. On the other hand, if you use a separate wash, polish, and wax, you will have to put a lot of more time, money, and effort into maintaining your vehicle. With a waterless car care product at your disposal, you can ditch that bucket full of auto care supplies without sacrificing your car’s good looks.